Menlo Park, CA
Mavatar brings substantial efficiencies to online shopping while providing an unsurpassed user experience. The company’s core technology consists of a smart shopping platform that allows users to shop and save in ways they haven’t before. For the consumer, Mavatar delivers a simplified and personalized shopping experience. Backed by patent pending intellectual property, MAVATAR TECHNOLOGIES INC, is a privately held company located in Silicon Valley that was founded in 2011.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a talented, passionate senior user experience designer to play a vital role in shaping the products and services across Mavatar’s platform. Our ideal candidate will exhibit an uncanny sense of creating elegant user-centered designs, demonstrated ability to balance high-level, holistic reasoning with detail-oriented feature design, and facility designing for both the online and mobile channels. An unfailing passion and capacity for advocating on behalf of our customers is also an absolute must, because this role will directly impact the shopping experience of millions of customers.
Responsibilities & Project Work:
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
- Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, engineering team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback
- Work with our usability and data mining teams to assess and optimize new and existing features and page frameworks
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Nimbleness; the ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in an iterative environment
- A general understanding of how design impacts development; a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible and prudent
- The ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Retail and eCommerce design experience
- Experience designing user experiences for web, mobile, desktop or connected devices
- Proficiency with web and mobile standards
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of Mavatar include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Equity grants
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.