Senior Lead Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
The Mavatar platform is closing the gap between Online & Offline Shopping, Sales & Advertising, with a suite of SaaS Omnichannel software that allows customers to pop up digital malls on the web, mobile, and in real-world locations. Our technologies help to generate, aggregate, optimize & monetize product data to augment value to shoppers, top retailers, and influencers.
Mavatar is based on open source technologies and systems, such as Ruby on Rails for the backend, Angular for the front-end, PostgreSQL database, Apache/NginX web layer, and uses the latest infrastructure for development and operations.
Backed by patent-pending intellectual property, MAVATAR TECHNOLOGIES INC, is a privately held company located in Silicon Valley that was founded in 2011.
About the Role:
Mavatar seeks a Director of Operations to oversee and grow Mavatar’s corporation in our launch and expansion markets. The position is entrepreneurial and the candidate will have the opportunity to provide measurable impact in supporting Mavatar’s ground-breaking work. The Director of Operations will be a strategic and management partner to the CEO, will support the engineering and business development team, and will help manage day-to-day operations of the organization.
This is a hands-on engineering leadership position. The candidate is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the complete system and managing the engineering team. This includes:
- Maintenance and documentation of the current code
- Mentoring junior engineers and making sure the engineering team is productive and high producing
- Designing and implementing of new features as required by the business
- Architectural skills – ability to take ideas, define them in terms of the optimal implementation, and execute.
- Generally being responsible for the product and the development practices
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails for the back end of our application (or strong familiarity with MVC languages and environments such as Python/Django)
- Expertise in Angular.js for the front end of our application (Our front-end connects with our back-end through a set of well-defined APIs.)
- Experience with databases and database programming, in particular PostgreSQL
- Basic knowledge of system administration and Dev Ops.
- 7+ years of experience in full-stack development.
- Eye for detail in design and knowledge of best practices in coding.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Necessary Soft Skills:
- Superior communication skills in English – to engage with non- technical staff and explain technical issues and challenges in a clear way and explain pros/cons of each implementation
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in a startup environment.
- Meticulous in documentation, establishing and enforcing process and methodology
- Eager to develop understanding of the space the company is in
- Eager to learn new technologies and products relevant to the company’s business
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.
Applicants only, no recruiters please.