Full Stack Web Developer
Menlo Park, CA
The Mavatar platform is closing the gap between Online & Offline Shopping, Sales & Advertising, with a suite of SaaS Omnichannel software that allows customers to pop up digital malls on the web, mobile, and in real-world locations. Our technologies help to generate, aggregate, optimize & monetize product data to augment value to shoppers, top retailers, and influencers.
Mavatar is based on open source technologies and systems, such as Ruby on Rails for the backend, Angular for the front-end, PostgreSQL database, Apache/NginX web layer, and uses the latest infrastructure for development and operations.
Backed by patent-pending intellectual property, MAVATAR TECHNOLOGIES INC, is a privately held company located in Silicon Valley that was founded in 2011.
This position is an individual contributor position that may lead to a hands-on leadership position as the company grows. The candidate is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the complete system in cooperation with the engineering team. This includes implementing new features and functions, documenting the existing and new code, mentoring more junior engineers, and being responsible for the product.
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails for the back end of our application
- Expertise in Angular.js for the front end of our application (Our front-end connects with our back-end through a set of well-defined APIs.)
- Basic knowledge of system administration and dev ops.
- Architectural skills – ability to take ideas, define them in terms of the optimal implementation, and execute.
- Solid coding skills in HTML5; solid knowledge of knowledge of CSS3 layouts, CSS grids, web standards, browser & web developer tools.
- Experience in the development process using GitHub.
- 2+ years of experience in web design and development.
- Eye for detail in design and knowledge of best practices in coding.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails.
- Thorough familiarity with databases and database programming, in particular PostgresSQL.
- Expertise in JSON and skill in implementing RESTful APIs.
- Skill in Angular.js.
- Skill in the development process using GitHub as source code contol.
- Superior communication skills in English – to engage with non-technical staff and explain technical issues and challenges in a clear way.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in a startup environment.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.