Front End Web Developer
Menlo Park, CA
The Mavatar platform is closing the gap between Online & Offline Shopping, Sales & Advertising, with a suite of SaaS Omnichannel software that allows customers to pop up digital malls on the web, mobile, and in real-world locations. Our technologies help to generate, aggregate, optimize & monetize product data to augment value to shoppers, top retailers, and influencers.
Backed by patent pending intellectual property, MAVATAR TECHNOLOGIES INC, is a privately held company located in Silicon Valley that was founded in 2011.
- Work with engineering & design team members to translate visual designs to production ready screens in HTML5/CSS/JS (ANGULAR.js environment) for a large scale, consumer facing web application (cross browser, multi device access, responsive layout).
- The results have to be responsive on multiple devices, browsers, and form factors.
- Participate in design and troubleshooting problems related to user interaction, webpage performance & mobile web optimization.
- Work with the design team on creating new CSS, organizing and optimizing existing style sheets.
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers and test engineers to implement product features and enhancements, working within fast paced production 'sprints'.
- Online portfolio.
- Solid coding skills in HTML5; solid knowledge of knowledge of CSS3 layouts, CSS grids, web standards, browser & web developer tools.
- Extensive experience in Angular.js technology.
- Total understanding of responsive design.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an IDE like Eclipse or SpringSource on a LAMP stack or Java environment, MVC architecture, Object Oriented Design Concepts.
- Experience in development process using GITHUB.
- 2+ years of experience in web design and development.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Fireworks); familiarity with Visio, Fireworks, and online wire-framing tools.
- Eye for detail in design and knowledge of best practices in coding.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in any design field, engineering or an equivalent combination of design training and experience.
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails.
- Thorough familiarity with databases and database programming, in particular PostgresSQL.
- Expertise in JSON and skill in implementing RESTful APIs.
- Skill in Angular.js.
- Skill in the development process using GitHub as source code control.
- Superior communication skills in English – to engage with non-technical staff and explain technical issues and challenges in a clear way.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently in a startup environment.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.