Sr. Mobile Software EngineerMenlo Park, CA
Mavatar brings substantial efficiencies to online shopping while providing an unsurpassed user experience. The company’s core technology consists of a smart shopping platform that allows users to shop and save in ways they haven’t before. For the consumer, Mavatar delivers a simplified and personalized shopping experience. Backed by patent pending intellectual property, MAVATAR TECHNOLOGIES INC, is a privately held company located in Silicon Valley that was founded in 2011.
About the Role:
The Senior Mobile iOS Software Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing and supporting enhancements for Mavatar Mobile applications. The Senior Mobile Software Engineer will lead internal development project teams, serve as an Mobile development expert and be a key contributor to our rapidly growing mobile business. This role will collaborate with a diverse group of architects, quality analysts, designers, developers and product managers to deliver robust mobile solutions that showcase our brand. An ideal candidate has a foundation in object-oriented design, strong testing skills, and prior experience with agile methodologies. Responsibilities also include writing standards-compliant device compatible code, fixing and resolving bugs/defects and contributing to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications. The position will serve as the mobile development subject matter expert including tablets.
Responsibilities & Project Work:
- Has strong understanding of major iOS Design & Development paradigms spanning User Experience (native, HTML 5/Webkit), data ingestion, Web Analytics, web services (REST & JSON), etc.
- Executes complete life cycle for complex application components based on functional requirements; considers device capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Prepares detailed specs from which programs will be written; designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, & maintains those programs.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic; assists in development and documentation.
- Analyzes functional design/overall application technical design and develops detailed module technical specifications.
- Codes moderately complex application components based on design specs, while adhering to defined programming standards, structured coding techniques, and development methodologies.
- Contributes to a cross-functional SCRUM based Agile team in daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Designs and implements mobile solutions making appropriate use of software design patterns and best practices.
- Researches and resolves client-reported issues.
- Estimates tasks to facilitate iteration planning.
- 5-8+ years of software development experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years experience with mobile applications (iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile)
- 2+ years experience with Objective-C, C#, C++, or Java
- Experience with Subversion, SQL, XML, JSON and Web Services
- Proficient in fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building complex Android Apps that have been successfully delivered to customers.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Ecommerce and/or retail experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and testing skills
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Project leadership ability
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of Mavatar include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Equity grants
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.