Which spring trends will help you update your entire wardrobe? This round-up is sure to breathe new life into what you wear.
1. White. An eyelet top, hippie dress or white jeans — it’s all in for spring when it comes to the hue that makes you tote a Tide pen everywhere you go. Wearing all-white is easier than you think and looks fresh when done in body skimming silhouettes. See also: How To Keep White Clothes White
2. Gladiator sandals. They’re baaaack! Gladiator sandals are hot for spring and summer 2015 and we know why. They add texture and dimension to any outfit with zero effort. Invest in a flat pair that work with shorts or maxi dresses.
3. ’70s influences. From center parts to camel, whiskey, fringe and bell bottoms, all things ’70s are relevant right now. The key is to interpret the trend in a fresh way — not like you’re ready for a scene from Dazed and Confused. Opt for lightweight fabrics for a modern take and 1-2 trendy pieces per look. Go for a classic V-neck T-shirt with bell bottoms or plain slide sandals with a bell sleeve top and mini skirt to keep the look chic, not costume-worthy. See also: How To Buy Jeans That Fit Perfectly
4. Red. The color du jour was a favorite of fashion editors at the spring and fall shows, so it’s no wonder fashionistas are taking note. The best red? A true lipstick shade with blue undertones, which looks modern whether you opt for a chic cape or skinny slacks.
5. Undone hair. The spring 2015 runway shows showed off hair that was perfectly mussed. Get a similar effect by towel drying clean hair, then twisting hair into two loose buns with styling cream. Smooth out a few hours later with serum and you’re good to go. See also: Tips For Using Hair Texturizer
6. Barely-there makeup. Given the undone hair, barely-there makeup can be tricky to pull off without looking too unkempt. Even out skin with a color corrector, then focus on brows and glowing cheeks for a no-makeup look that rivals off-duty models. See also: Mastering The Look Of No-Makeup Makeup