Get comfortable this spring and summer with sandals fit for the city. This means sturdy soles, comfortable silhouettes and a little height which keeps your feet from becoming filthy on the city streets. Our Cart of city sandals is great for trip-planning too! When you’re in a new city, exploring the scene, you want sandals that are comfortable and work with a variety of outfits.
If your style is trendy…
Get in on the metallic trend with the Eeight Ellie Lug-Sole Sandals. Lug-sole sandals are all the rage for festivals and outdoor events because they are comfortable to wear and provide support that won’t leave your feet in pain even after hours of wear. The metallic silver sandals juxtapose floral dresses and look great with a T-shirt, lightweight jacket and boyfriend jeans.
If your style is minimalist…
The minimalist fashion movement is something we love because it means sticking to classic shapes, a small color palette and having a wardrobe of items that mix and match seamlessly. For summer, a smart minimalist color palette is nude, camel, white and a punch of color like these Forever 21 Tasseled Lace-Up Sandals. The slim bands add texture without going overboard and the paprika faux suede is a nice punctuation for any minimalist outfit.
If your style is classic…
Block heels have arrived! For those with classic style, the Frye Brielle Leather Back Zip Ankle Strap Sandals are a go-to for warm weather. The mix of black leather with a brown wooden sole and block heel bring an airy feel to this simple silhouette. Put them on with a sleek sheath dress and or a T-shirt tucked into a high waist A-line skirt.
If you are a mom or know a mom, you know Mother’s Day means zero cooking for moms required. Make a day of this special holiday with the women in your life who have raised children while seeing out their own dreams. It isn’t an easy task, but modern moms can do it.
Mother’s Day brunch is a great get-together time because it puts everyone home early enough for dessert and coffee to reminisce with mom about the good ol’ days. Our #1 tip for Mother’s Day brunch? Make reservations! According to OpenTable, Mother’s Day brunch receives 3.5 times the patrons of any other weekend day of the year. That means you need to make reservations ASAP.
For any Mother’s Day get-together keep things light and feminine to embrace the celebration. Lace, eyelet, floral prints and pastel tones are perfect for Mother’s Day. If you are going casual, look to the relaxed fit off-the-shoulder tops we’re seeing everywhere like this Forever 21 Plus Size Off-the-Shoulder Floral Print Top. A floral lace-trimmed top like this goes with everything from shorts if you’re seaside to capris if you’re in the city. Another great pick is a floral maxi like this Forever 21 Contemporary Floral Maxi Dress. Wear it with stacked heel sandals if you’re going somewhere upscale or go for slip-on strappy sandals or espadrilles for a more relaxed approach.
Add a punch of color and whimsy via accessories. These quirky Kate Spade New York Ibis Embroidered Pineapple Sandals are gold, so they’re versatile enough to go with most looks and the pineapple adornment adds a fun touch. Add a splash of color with the French Connection Canvas Crisscross Espadrille Slide Sandals, which are perfect for those who stick to monochromatic looks and want to add some drama with footwear.
Lace is one of our favorite fabrics to wear during the summer. Our co-founder Susan Akbarpour just donned the trend in this chic quarter sleeve lace sheath dress. It’s a look that can go dressy or casual, so no matter what your lifestyle a lace dress is a smart investment to have in your closet. Our latest Cart is stocked with white lace dresses for every style, including petite sizes and plus sizes.
Take it casual. Take your white lace dress casual with flat sandals or even slip-on sneakers for an easy breezy. Off-the-shoulder necklines are all the rage right now and this Lucy Paris Off-the-Shoulder Lace Trim Dress is a versatile, trendy pick for summer.
Dress it up. Use the same white lace dress with strappy metallic wedge shoes (like Susan) or sandals for a dressier look that works for a celebration or dinner with your significant other. This Karen Kane Lace Shift Dress is versatile enough to go to a wedding, baptism or any summer celebration.
Add a jacket. For lace dresses that are sleeveless or with cap sleeves, add a denim jacket or structured bright jacket to change up the look. This is a great tactic for re-wearing the same dress when traveling. This Lauren by Ralph Lauren Plus Size Lace Hem Dress works well with a denim jacket or structured blazer.
Add an embellished long necklace. Go for the more is more look with layers of long necklaces with beaded or feathered embellishments. It channels the boho vibe everyone is wearing right now. Go extra lacy when trying this look like the Bardot Mermaid Hem Lace Dress. The midi length lace skirt lends a romantic feel to any bohemian accessories.
Sunglasses have quickly become THE summer accessory. Every summer there are new styles out, which is a benefit for those on the budget — there are plenty of wallet-friendly styles that will update your look without much investment. Craving something luxe? We’ve got those designer sunglasses in our Cart too, so take a look for the latest trends in sunglasses.
Colored lenses. Last year there were colored lenses and this time around, the trend is on fire. Think gradient-colored lenses in bold hues like pink and purple or marigold and citrus.
More is more. Embellished sunglasses with pearls, beading or textured detail reign for summer 2016. If you’re hesitant of wearing kooky sunnies, look for tonal embellishments which can look more sophisticated with simple outfits.
Contrast animal prints. Everyone knows the classic leopard or tortoise prints for sunglasses, but those prints are now elevated with contrast colors for a statement look.
Skinny metal frames vs. wide plastic frames. It seems if you go slimmer with sunglasses, the frames will be metal. Wider frames means plastic frames. It isn’t an either or situation — we want a pair of both!
Mother’s Day is just around the corner on May 7th. Check out our awesome Cart of Mother’s Day gifts under $50. We have stylish gifts for mom that won’t break the bank, but still offer a whimsical touch to her everyday life.
Kate Spade Silver Street Hello Sunshine Mirror — This mega cute silver compact is engraved with the endearing greeting and looks chic if she pulls it out at the dinner table.
Fringe Summer Petite Candle Set — Bring a little of the outdoors inside with this darling set of small candles. The reusable votive candle holders can be cleaned after use and used to store tweezers, Q-tips or for more candles.
Michael Aram Clover Catchall — Bring some good luck to mom with this sweet clover catchall. The mixed metals motif brings glam into any room.
Kate Spade Little Gold Medium Notebook — Mom can keep up with her plans and notes with this gilded notebook. The bright gold hue shines when it’s deep in a tote bag for easy access.
Jonathan Adler Pop Bourbon Candle — This cozy scent is perfect for the bedroom or living room. Copper is all the rage right now for home decor and the gorgeous candle holder can be cleaned after use and recycled as a posh makeup brush holder.
Suffering from Coachella FOMO? Get the look without facing the crowds, overpriced drinks or outrageous concert ticket price with our Cart of fringe-laden extras. They’re just the thing you need to make your outdoor concert look a little more festival this year. We love fringe accessories because you can work with what’s already in your closet.
The fringe poncho. Throw it on over a tank top, swimsuit top or bralette and feel comfortable throughout the concert. This Forever 21 Genuine Suede Fringe Poncho looks far pricier than it is and eases into cooler weather with a thin turtleneck and jeans. The camel color is perfect for both seasons.
A fringe necklace. On top of a solid shirt, the fringe necklaces looks modern with an edge of bohemian. The Forever 21 Beaded Fringe Infinity Scarf is the perfect addition that’s easy to pack and even easier to wear. Throw your hair in a top knot, add some aviators and you’re festival-ready.
Fringe footwear. Fringe on the feet is a go-to for summer. For sandals, check out the Sam Edelman Gela Suede Fringe T-Strap Flat Sandal. These sandals have a snake-embossed foot bed with suede fringe at the strap. Covering your feet can be a good thing at a festival, so consider booties like the Paige Leather Fringe Bootie.
CWACRF Woman washing face
The change from cool to warm weather can wreak havoc on your skin. A rise in humidity and moisture in the air can cause skin to become froggy — a little bumpy and irritated. If you’re still using cleansing balms and deep moisturizers, you could end up with clogged pores and residue on the skin as warmer weather makes its way to a city near you. During spring, it’s a good time to go gentle with your skincare routine. Our latest Cart has all of the best skincare products for sensitive skin.
Cleansers. Look for a basic cleanser that will clear off dirt and makeup without leaving anything behind. Washing your face twice a day is a good place to start if you’ve noticed your skin is bumpy or irritated all of a sudden. Less is more with cleansers. You want something that’s lightweight and rinses clean. Gel cleansers are a good place to start for those with sensitive skin. A nice addition to your cleansing routine is the Foreo Luna Mini. The silicone-covered device has tiny nubs for deep cleaning even with a basic cleanser. Use it twice a day and watch skin tone even out and glow.
Go for a clay mask, on occasion. Overstimulating the skin with masks can cause skin to think it’s dried out and produce more sebum. More sebum = more zits. A clay mask will adequately remove gunk from clogged pores without overdrying the skin. Those with sensitive to normal skin should use a clay mask 1-2 times per week, while those with dry skin want to stick to once per week. The weather is changing in the spring, so be sure to stay away from heavy moisturizing masks which are likely to have a bad reaction with extra moisture in the air.
Gift mom a new scent for Mother’s Day. Spring is the perfect season to switch-up your fragrance game and there are plenty of new options on the market, no matter what your taste is. For mom, look for something she can wear daily, so she’ll have a reminder of how much you care.
If she likes something spicy…
Clinique Aromatics White is a day scent that still has those spicy elements found in most evening fragrances. The scent is gentle yet layered with notes of pepper, violet and gray amber for a nuanced scent that’s sure to make people take note.
If she likes something sweet…
Viktor & Rolf Bon Bon is the #1 selling fragrance at Saks, which tells you everything about its universal appeal. Notes of caramel, white florals and citrus creates a grown-up take on the standard sweet perfume. The dry down has a soft scent that’s feminine.
If she likes fresh…
AERIN Mediterranean Honeysuckle is one of the latest installments of the AERIN fragrance line. A blend of ocean and honey, it’s the most sophisticated summer scent out there.
Mother’s Day is May 8th, which is less than a month a way! The modern mom is tech savvy and on-the-go, which is why we’ve created a Cart packed with tech accessories for mom. These are cute cell phone cases, functional crossbody phone cases and stylish tablet cases that protect her device when she’s darting from place to place and holding it down.
Tory Burch Ice Cream Silicone iPhone Cover — Let mom know how sweet she is with this Tory Burch iPhone cover. The quirky ice cream cone cover is perfect for summer and vacation.
Alexander Wang Fumo Leather iPad Case — Protect her iPad in style with this rich pebbled leather case. The case also has a zipper compartment in front for a few items that are easy to access during travel.
Rebecca Minkoff Isobel Phone Leather Crossbody — This bright crossbody phone case is perfect for mom’s casual days. It allows her to tote her phone in style and she can pop it into a beach tote or carry-on bag.
ban.do Back Me Up! Mobile Charger — Charge it up with this sweet floral mobile charger. When mom is on the run and her phone loses power, she’ll be thankful you gifted her with this mobile charger. The floral pattern is sure to cheer up her day too.
Rebecca Minkoff, the handbag designer that is a favorite of Millenials around the globe, has launched activewear and added exciting ready-to-wear pieces to her spring 2016 collection. The moderate price points and trendy designs make Minkoff a designer we love to shop from because there are standard pieces (like her gorgeous moto jackets) that breathe new life into any wardrobe. Right now, we’re all about athleisure and wellness dressing and Minkoff’s athletic line is comfortable, flattering and looks stylish if you’re going from the studio to a day date with friends.
Upgrade your gym look. Sleek leggings that smooth you out and a fitted jacket that you can wear when you aren’t on the way to the gym (as well as when you are) are staples if you’re working out. We love the Binx Performance Leggings with subtle contrast deals and a thick fabric that smooths your bum without feeling hot. A bomber jacket is also on the radar for spring. The Long Sleeve Zip Front Jacket has contrast trim and a nice fit that works over sun dresses AND your workout gear.
Grab a go-anywhere spring dress. As the temperatures rise, we become less interested in getting dressed and want simple, chic pieces that don’t take guesswork. For the ultimate go-to spring and summer dress, add the Laser Cut Self Tie Dress to your warm weather clothing arsenal. The long blouson-style sleeves offer coverage when your indoors and the air conditioner is blowing, but the lightweight cotton and short hemline keep you looking polished even if you’re at an outdoor party in the middle of the day.
Go girlie with your backpack. Backpacks are here to stay, but enough with the harsh leather — it’s summer! The Julian Sport Quilted Nylon Backpack is perfect for those road tripping or going to a festival this summer. The nylon can be wiped clean with a wet wipe and the vertical zipper makes it super easy to get in and out of in a pinch.
Shop our new Rebecca Minkoff Cart right here!
Mother of the bride dresses can be quite the ordeal to shop for. Our best advice? Grab a few online and return what doesn’t work. This allows you to try on the mother of the bride dress in your home, with your undergarments and shoes. Have a friend come over for a second opinion.
1. Coverage doesn’t mean dowdy. It’s common for the mother of the bride to want a long-sleeved dress or a dress with coverage at the arms. Right now there are plenty of fabulous dresses that offer coverage but look stylish. Don’t feel you’re limited to matronly dresses just because you want quarter length sleeves or long sleeves.
2. Consider lace or sheer sleeves. This gives you the coverage you want at the arms, but still looks feminine and appropriate for warm weather. Lace, lace over sheer fabric and sheer sleeves create dimension for a gown and give the coverage you need. Even if you are insecure with your arms, take a chance and order a mixed media dress with lace or sheer sleeves. Many are double-lined for a smoothing effect when worn.
3. Look for ruching. Ruching at the bodice creates a sleek look that masks the tummy area in a not-so-obvious. If you want to skip the Spanx, a ruched bodice is the way to go.
4. Look for subtle shine. The thing with shiny fabrics is they can make you look bigger than you actually are — especially in photos. You want fabric with a gentle sheen in a dark color or more subtle elements of shine throughout the gown.
5. Go for a soft hue. A softer color like champagne, ivory, lavender or pale blue warms up the skin. For spring or summer weddings, these soft hues look chic and blend into photos with ease. While black and navy may feel like safer choices, be sure to consider the wedding theme colors and what the bride and groom are wearing before you choose a dress.
The minimalist fashion movement has taken over and we know why. It allows you to wear and re-wear the same few pieces without worrying that anyone will remember the clothes! Brilliant! From crisp button-ups to midi-length sheath dresses and slim jeans, the minimalist fashion wardrobe can be obtained by shopping our latest Cart packed with everything you need to update your wardrobe with sleek and simple pieces.
Don’t be afraid of the minimalist fashion movement. It is a great aesthetic to adopt if you travel a lot because it allows you to easily mix and match clothes to create different looks. Choose a color palette like black, white, gray and navy for a sophisticated look. The minimalist fashion movement doesn’t mean abandoning every trend in the book. There are more trend-driven pieces like bomber jackets, midi skirts and culottes that still fit the minimalist fashion look. It’s good to balance these trendier silhouettes with true classic pieces like plain T-shirts, a blazer or bodysuit.
When it comes to shoes, minimalist fashionistas go in many directions. Some choose sneakers, which is a given if you want to feel comfortable all day. Since minimalist clothing is usually fitted, it prevents the look from becoming frumpy. You likely need other shoes in your minimalist wardrobe too, so think of loafers and mules for the office and daily wear. At night, kick things up a notch with a plain stiletto in suede to add some texture while keeping in line with a minimalist feel.
With all of the summer superhero movies on the horizon (hello Captain America Civil War and the long-awaited Batman vs. Superman), we’re jonesing a good cape. Spring and summer are full of special occasion events, so why not shake up your formalwear with a caped cocktail dress or caped gown? The look is modern and thoroughly fresh.
Sweet and chic. Go for a bright take on the caped dress with this Trina Turk Sleeveless Shift Dress. The mega bright pink hue is perfect for a day wedding or an outdoor formal event. The keyhole detail and fluttering sleeves means you need few accessories. Just add a metallic clutch and strappy sandals and go!
Easy breezy. Craving a cape for a more casual get-together? Yep, us too. The BCBG MAX AZRIA Brittini Kimono Dress is cool and casual enough for an outdoor BBQ, if you style it correctly. This is one of those no-fuss dresses that works well for hot weather because of the cool fabric and it travels with ease. Just roll it up and it should arrive at your destination with zero wrinkles, letting you get to the fun in style. Try it with big earrings and wedge sandals for a dressier look or go ultra-casual with a loose messy bun and flat leather sandals.
Channel the red carpet. Have an event that requires a full length go? Pick this Adrianna Papell Satin Chiffon Cape Gown. The column-style caped red gown channels Lupita Nyong’o’s red carpet look at the Oscars a couple of years ago.
Now through Sunday, March 10th snag a fabulous tote filled with gifts with any $350 purchase in home. The brilliant thing about the promotion is it allows all items found under Shop All Home to apply to the code — which means you can buy Beats Headphones or Kate Spade kitchenware and still grab the GWP.
This is a great time to gift-shopping for weddings or housewarming events in coming months. Here are a few of our favorite gift items from Neiman Marcus:
Byredo Loose Lips Candle – This ultra-luxe candle is fit for a queen with its intoxicating scent that fills an entire home (practically!). If you know Byredo fragrances, you know the quality to expect from their candles.
Beats by Dre Pill Speaker – Who doesn’t want to blare their tunes — all the time?! The Beats by Dre Pill Speaker has stellar sound quality and works via Bluetooth, which means they can take the party to any area in or around the house.
Aerin Gilded Vide Poche – For those who have everything, this gilded poche is a fantastic gift that fits with any home style. It can serve as a catchall for keys by the front door or keep daily jewelry on a bedside table.
1. The brownie-pink hues. Like or dislike Kylie Jenner and the gaggle of off-duty models rocking the brownie-pink lip colors, there’s no denying their wearability. Brown-pink lip hues add enough color the face without looking over-the-top for day or the office. Try to achieve the look with colors you already own. Take a too-pink lipstick and put it over a brown-based lip liner. If your skin needs more than pink undertones, interpret the trend in a way that’s more flattering for you by choosing a brown-brick lipstick. Our pick: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl.
2. Matte shades. Even as temperatures rise, it’s all about a matte lip for spring and summer 2016. Start with a solid primer on the lips to create a smooth, even surface for matte lip formulas. Remember that matte formulas tend to cling to every dry spot on the lips, so you need a majorly smooth surface. We love ultra bright pinks and oranges for matte lips during warm weather. For those who want a safer option, choose an orange-based red which is less intense but creates the same impact when worn with a fresh face. Our pick: Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin Matte Lipstick.
3. Barely-there colors. Think see-thru for spring and summer lips. Bright shades become far more wearable for everyone when they’re done in sheer washed-out versions. For those who usually wear subdued lip colors, this is the best trend to play with your comfort zone since you can opt for see-thru magenta or melon hues. Try it on the weekend with a minimalist makeup look of bronzer and waterproof mascara. Our pick: Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss Illuminating Nudes in Almost Peach.
Fitness trends come and go, but no matter what we’re doing we want to look good. Our Cart has plenty of workout pieces that go from studio to street and all of the extras you need to leave the gym refreshed.
1. Tie-dyed and fun prints. It’s all about bold prints for workout gear right now. Ditch the all-black-everything in favor of prints that make a big impression. The great thing about these prints is they’re flattering thanks to small and medium-sized prints. If you feel intimidated by the prints, go for ombre details on pants which are dark and solid on top and fade towards the ankles.
2. Bold colors. Let everyone see you’ve arrived with bright colors. Mega bright hues like green, yellow and cobalt for warm-up tops, long-sleeved T-shirts and hoodies are great for working out. Whether you’re getting up early in the morning for a run or at yoga with your girlfriends on Sunday afternoon, a wardrobe of bright colors for exercise gear can really set the tone.
3. Long-sleeved wick-away T-shirts. These are a must for anyone who stays active regularly. Long-sleeved T-shirts offer compression in the back and bodice that offer support for your body as you work out. The latest have fabrics that wick away sweat so you’re relatively cool post-workout.
4. Invest in dry shampoo. If you plan on going out after and want to feel fresh, you need to invest in a dry shampoo. Whether it’s a spray or powder, add just a little at the hairline and at the roots. Proceed to “wash” the hair but rubbing it into the roots and then comb through hair with a wide-tooth comb. A spray is best for all hair colors because it reduces the chance of a white finish at the roots.
5. Snag a BB cream or tinted moisturizer. Use a cleansing oil or makeup wipe to remove dirt and sweat from your face post-workout. If you’re headed somewhere after use a BB cream or tinted moisturizer to even out your skin tone.
Sarah Jessica Parker, arguably the celeb that put shoe-loving on the map, has new spring additions to her eponymous shoe brand, SJP. SJP Shoes are perfect for every woman because of the designs, price point and construction. Though all of the shoes are priced well under $500, they are all made in Italy and lined in supple Italian leather. It’s a quality SJP wasn’t willing to skimp on when she partnered with a Manolo Blahnik executive to launch her namesake shoe collection.
For spring 2016, SJP Shoes focuses on breezy silhouettes in splashy hues that add an instant update to your wardrobe. Shop all SJP Shoes in our SJP Shoes Cart here.
Update your work shoes. Whether you work in a conservative office or a creative environment, every woman wants comfortable, stylish shoes, which SJP Shoes has in spades. Shake things up with rich colors in suede in a classic pump silhouette that’s still appropriate for the office. The Lady Round Toe Pumps are available in an ultra bright orange-based red, making them a wow-worthy punctuation for any outfit. Even if you have to keep things straight-laced, opt for a sleek pair of black pumps with a mid-height heel like the Fawn Mid Heels Pumps. The slightly pointed toe elevates the concept of basic black heels and adds an X factor to simple office looks.
Special occasion shoes you can wear again and again. Prom, weddings — it’s all on the horizon for spring. Look to SJP Shoes for special occasion shoes that aren’t so fancy you’ll never wear them again. All-black dresses soften up with the Gardner Lace Pointed Toe Pumps. Even the embellished shoes in the collection can be dressed down. Take the Pandemonium Jeweled Ankle Strap High Heel Sandals. While they go great with a cocktail dress for a special occasion event, they can also work for day a la Carrie Bradshaw with a loose blouse, tailored jacket and cuffed jeans.
In a fashion rut? It happens in the spring as the weather changes and we begin to ditch layers. The latest women’s trends are perfect for those who want to go easy on their budget this spring because they easily work with items you likely already own. Here are four easy pieces to snap up and wear through summer.
1. Distressed jeans. The #1 denim trend right now is distressed jeans. Feel free to take it as far as you want with truly holy jeans that are ripped to shreds or a take a more subtle approach to the trend. Right now we’re loving the Rag & Bone Dre Distressed Slim Boyfriend Jeans. The silhouette is slim enough to wear with tall boots and stilettos, but have a slightly relaxed fit that looks equally cool with sneakers and espadrilles.
2. An ear cuff. Any funky earrings will do, but the ear cuff is especially of the moment. With a ponytail or low loose bun, an ear cuff brings instant edge to any outfit and works with a myriad of looks. Another trend is asymmetrical earrings, which is basically two different earrings in the same style, giving you a cool effortless look that dresses up the basics you already own. Take a classic outfit like a white button-up, skinny jeans and pumps, add an ear cuff and you have a look that’s fresh and on trend without spending a ton on new wardrobe pieces. Try the Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham Deconstructed Deco Crystal Ear Cuff & Stud Earring Set. The gold and crystal movie work with everything from casual looks to cocktail dresses.
3. Platform shoes. Yes, platforms are back! And flatforms are here to stay. Choose the best shoe style for your lifestyle, be it espadrilles, sneakers or cork sandals, but do it in a platform or flatform this time around. An every day shoe you’ll wear through the fall are the Joshua Sanders All Over NY Double-sole Sneakers. These slip-on sneakers look great with everything from skater skirts to skinny distressed jeans and the whimsical NY-themed print brings a whimsical feel to your look.
As we transition to warmer weather, a stylish jacket is in order. Shop over 25 spring jackets in one place here in our latest Cart. Our Cart is packed with jackets perfect for tossing over a sun dress or sleeveless top before the sun totally makes an appearance.
The denim jacket. This probably the easiest spring jacket to add to your wardrobe since it goes with pretty much everything you already own. White denim, pale denim or stonewashed denim are great for bringing your wardrobe into a softer color palette for warm weather. Try a denim jacket over a print dress with flat sandals or go semi-preppy with white skinny jeans and posh flats. This Forever 21 Distressed Denim Jacket in a soft denim hue has light distressing and is an affordable option for a spring jacket.
Utilitarian-inspired jackets. Army green, cargo pockets and utilitarian jackets are where it’s at for spring. They bring some edge to softer colors like serenity and rose quartz and overtly feminine fabrics like lace and silks. This classic spring jacket from Rag & Bone is army green with the traditional denim jacket silhouette.
Floral print jackets. Everyone loves flowers once spring rolls around and this year they’re coming at ‘ya on jackets. And why not? A floral print or embellished jacket dresses up any look and offers color and texture. The Free People Embroidered Swingy Jacket is ideal for a major style punch. The tribal-inspired flower details pop in neon pink — can you say spring?
You’ve seen ’em everywhere at this point: color correctors. The seemingly unnecessary beauty item du juor is actually quite needed if you deal with uneven skin tone on a regular basis. Color correctors counteract the natural uneven skin tone many of us have and sit under foundation, BB cream of tinted moisturizer to create a more smooth and even appearance. Many of the color correctors on the market have skincare properties in them, which means your skin is being treated as you wear your makeup all day long.
Green counteracts redness. Redness around the nose, at the cheeks and mouth often plagues people with light to medium skin. Use a green color corrector on these areas to neutralize redness before you apply any concealer or foundation. You may find you need less or no concealer at all once you put foundation on more even skin tone.
Orange takes care of dark spots on deep skin tones. Deep skin tones can have dark spots on the cheeks and forehead. Orange neutralizes these dark spots on deep skin tones. For those who need soft coverage, opt for a finely-milled color correcting powder which offers additional coverage when worn over foundation.
Peach covers dark circles. Those with light to medium skin tones need a strong peach color correcting concealer to wear under the eyes. The genius of this product is it does all of the work your concealer can’t. Use a thin formula if you plan on wearing concealer over the corrector, which reduces caking or cracking under the eyes.